Disordered Eating in Elementary School with Courtney Vickery
Feb 1st, 2022 by themessyintersection
On this episode of The Messy Intersection, we chat with Courtney Vickery, a registered dietitian who suffered from an eating disorder that onset at a very young age. Courtney and Diana discuss:
- Courtney's disordered eating/eating disorder throughout her childhood
- Courtney's healing story and her current practice as an eating disorders professional
- What parents can do to set the stage for eating disorder prevention
- What parents can do if they notice warning signs of an eating disorder in their child
- A handful of general hot tips about feeding kids
Content warning: This episode contains discussion of disordered eating behaviors that are not appropriate for children and may not be appropriate for anyone with an active eating disorder.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- If you suspect your child may have an eating disorder, please visit: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
- How to Nourish Your Child Through an Eating Disorder by Casey Crosbie and Wendy Sterling: Amazon | Bookshop (affiliate links)
- Maintenance Phase's episode "The President's Physical Fitness Test"
- More episodes of Maintenance Phase
Follow Diana on Instagram: @anti.diet.kids
Join the Raising Anti-Diet Kids Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/antidietkids)